Camp CrunchLabs Contest
GRAND PRIZE WINNER MUST AVAILABLE TO TRAVEL AUGUST 18-20, 2023.
To enter this Contest, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules (“Official Rules”).
ELIGIBILITY: CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE AND HAVE A, VALID EMAIL ADDRESS AND AN INSTAGRAM AND/OR TWITTER ACCOUNT AT TIME OF ENTRY. TO ENTER, YOU MUST ALSO BE THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF A CHILD WHO IS BETWEEN 8 AND 16 YEARS OF AGE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, YouTube or Twitter.
1. SPONSOR: CrunchLabs LLC, 649 Grape Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94087 (“Sponsor”).
2. ADMINISTRATOR: Probability LLC, 2 Woodstock Meadows Lane, Woodstock, NY 12498 (“Administrator”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: The “Camp CrunchLabs Contest” ("Contest" or “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, and Washington, D.C. who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older) and who have a valid email address and an Instagram and/or Twitter account at time of entry who are also the parent or legal guardian of a child who is between 8 and 16 years of age. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, any organizations/individuals responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, as applicable (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and the immediate family and household members of any of the foregoing individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of eligibility prior to prize award. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. CONTEST SCHEDULE: The Contest begins on or about 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on Saturday, May 27, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on Thursday, August 17, 2023. (“Promotion Period”). There will be twelve (12) separate and distinct Contest entry periods (collectively, “Entry Periods”) as set forth in the chart below comprising the Promotion Period. For clarity, the Contest is dormant and inactive between Entry Periods. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for this Contest.
Entry Period #1
9:00 am PT on 5/27/23
11:59 pm PT on 6/1/23
Entry Period #2
9:00 am PT on 6/3/23
11:59 pm PT on 6/8/23
Entry Period #3
9:00 am PT on 6/10/23
11:59 pm PT on 6/15/23
Entry Period #4
9:00 am PT on 6/17/23
11:59 pm PT on 6/22/23
Entry Period #5
9:00 am PT on 6/24/23
11:59 pm PT on 6/29/23
Entry Period #6
9:00 am PT on 7/1/23
11:59 pm PT on 7/6/23
Entry Period #7
9:00 am PT on 7/8/23
11:59 pm PT on 7/13/23
Entry Period #8
9:00 am PT on 7/15/23
11:59 pm PT on 7/20/23
Entry Period #9
9:00 am PT on 7/22/23
11:59 pm PT on 7/27/23
Entry Period #10
9:00 am PT on 7/29/23
11:59 pm PT on 8/3/23
Entry Period #11
9:00 am PT on 8/5/23
11:59 pm PT on 8/10/23
Entry Period #12
9:00 am PT on 8/12/23
11:59 pm PT on 8/17/23
Only entries received during Entry Periods #1-#11 will be eligible to win the Grand Prize. Entries received in Entry Period #12 may only win a First Prize.5. CONTEST ENTRY:
Every Saturday of the Promotion Period at or around 9:00am PT YouTube.com/CrunchLabs will post a video where Mark Rober conducts an experiment or build and challenges entrants’ children to re-create his experiment.
To enter, an entrant must take BOTH of the following actions on Instagram and/or Twitter (each, a “Contest Entry” and collectively, “Contest Entries”):
- Following @CrunchLabs (“Follow”) (if you do not already); and
- Posting a video of your child/children re-creating the experiment or build from that week’s applicable video challenge (“Video”). Your post must tag @CrunchLabs (“Tag”) and include the hashtag “#CampCrunchLabsContest” (“Contest Hashtag”) (collectively a “Post”).
POSTS MAY NOT INCLUDE ANY MUSIC. Videos must be no longer than sixty (60) seconds. If a Video exceeds sixty (60) seconds, only the first sixty (60) seconds will be judged. Hashtag is not case-sensitive. The Video, Tag and Contest Hashtag must be included as part of your Post in order to be eligible.
ENTRANT MAY ASSIST THEIR CHILD IN RECREATING THE EXPERIMENT/BUILD AND/OR A CHILD AND THEIR SIBLINGS (AGED 8-16) CAN RECREATE THE EXPERIMENT/BUILD TOGETHER. LIMIT OF THREE (3) CHILDREN PER ENTRY. HOWEVER ANY OTHER PERSON; AND, WITHOUT LIMITATION, GROUP/TEAM/JOINT ENTRIES ARE PROHIBITED. BY POSTING A VIDEO, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN HAVE FULLY COMPLIED WITH THIS REQUIREMENT AND THAT YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN ACTUALLY RE-CREATED THE EXPERIMENT/BUILD AS SHOWN IN THE VIDEO IN STRICT ACCORDANCE WITH ALL CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS AS TO SAME INCLUDING ANY AND ALL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS.
BY POSTING A POST THAT INCLUDES A VIDEO OF YOUR CHILD/CHILDREN RE-CREATING THE EXPERIMENT OR BUILD FROM THE APPLICABLE ENTRY PERIOD, TAG AND CONTEST HASHTAG (#CAMPCRUNCHLABSCONTEST) YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU ARE THE PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN OF SUCH CHILD/CHILDREN AND HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT MAKE A POST WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Your Post that includes (a) the Video, (b) the Tag (@CrunchLabs) and (c) the Contest Hashtag (#CampCrunchLabsContest) and constitute one (1) Entry into this Contest.
Posting a Video will only result in entry in the Contest if the Video shows the entrant’s child/children re-creating the experiment or build from the Mark Rober video for the corresponding Entry Period. If Video shows the entrant’s child/children re-creating the experiment/build for any other Entry Period (i.e., the “wrong” Entry Period), it will be disqualified even if it is otherwise in full compliance with these Official Rules.
Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions via Instagram or Twitter will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Post must be created for the sole purpose of this Contest and must be posted by the entrant. ENTRANT’S CHILD/CHILDREN MUST NOT POST THE VIDEO ON HIS/HER/THEIR OWN INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER ACCOUNT. Sharing another account’s post to your own feed (i.e., known as “re-grams” on Instagram and as “re-tweets” on Twitter) or otherwise copying/plagiarizing another Entrant’s work will not be a valid entry: as set forth above, entry must show Entrant’s child/children recreating the corresponding experiment or build. To be eligible for the Contest, Posts must be submitted in compliance with the format and other requirements set forth by Instagram and/or Twitter as applicable.
Once submitted, Posts become the sole property of Sponsor (subject only to the rights of Instagram and/or Twitter as applicable),and cannot be modified by entrant. By submitting an Entry, entrant on behalf of him/her/themselves and his/her/their child/children gives permission to Sponsor and their designees and hereby grants Sponsor and their designees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive license (herein “License”) to use any portion of the Post on any media and through any means now known or hereafter devised, including without limitation, the World Wide Web, and to otherwise use the Post without compensation in accordance with the requirements of this Contest and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Contest, Sponsor’s products , and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor); such use may include but is not limited to possible inclusion of Video of entrant’s child/children re-creating experiment/build in Mark Rober videos for later Entry Period(s) in the Contest. Such License will be required to be confirmed by entrant upon Sponsor’s request if entrant becomes a potential finalist and in such event, entrant shall timely complete, sign and deliver any and all necessary documents, including without limitation, documents setting forth any licenses, releases and indemnities that Sponsor in their sole discretion may require, without condition or compensation of any kind. If Sponsor does not receive all such documentation from any potential finalist within the prescribed timeframe, in each instance as required by Sponsor in their sole discretion, the potential finalist may be disqualified forfeiting both First Prize and the opportunity to win Grand Prize (if applicable) and another potential finalist may be selected (time permitting).
Data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your wireless device according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone's capabilities for specific instructions.
6. CONTEST ENTRY RESTRICTIONS/CONTENT GUIDELINES:In addition to complying with all other requirements of these Official Rules, Instagram, and/or Twitter, each Entry must comply with the following guidelines (“Content Guidelines”). Posts must be original and created for the sole purpose of this Contest and must be posted by the entrant and show Entrant’s child/children re-creating the applicable experiment or build.
Participation must be effected in accordance with these Official Rules. Once submitted, Entries cannot be modified or supplemented by entrant.
VIDEO MUST DEPICT ENTRANT’S CHILD/CHILDREN RE-CREATING THE EXPERIMENT OR BUILD UNDER THE SAME CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS AS THE CORRESPONDING MARK ROBER VIDEO. ANY DEVIATION FROM SUCH CONDITIONS/RESTRICTIONS MAY BE CHEATING AND THEREFORE MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF ENTRY AS WELL AS CONSTITUTING TAMPERING AS SET FORTH BELOW. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE VIDEO MUST SHOW ENTRANT’S CHILD/CHILDREN RE-CREATING THE EXPERIMENT OR BUILD WITH ONLY MINIMAL EDITING WHICH DOES NOT ALTER/MANIPULATE THE CHILD’S/CHILDREN’S ACTUAL RE-CREATION OF THE EXPERIMENT/BUILD AND MUST EXCLUDE ANY SPECIAL EFFECTS.
The Video of entrant’s child/children re-creation of the experiment/build : (i) must be the wholly original and sole creation of the entrant, and all right, title and interest including but not limited to the copyright in any Post, must be owned solely by the submitting entrant; (ii) may not infringe upon any third party’s rights, including but not limited to, copyright, patent or trademarks/tradenames/logos, or rights of privacy or publicity, or contain material that is or may be considered misleading, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or portray or depict any person, product or entity in a false light*; (iii) may not violate any law, rule or regulation; (iv) may not contain any virus, bugs, or other deleterious material; (v) may not contain content that, for example but is not limited to, reflects, advocates or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, harm or exploitation of or against any class, group or individual, discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or actions or activities that are restricted, prohibited, illegal or unlawful (including without limitation, the consumption of alcohol or other controlled substances), defamatory statements, words or symbols widely considered offensive; (vi) may not be sexually explicit or suggestive, profane or pornographic or contain nudity; (vii) must have been created specifically for this Contest and not have been previously posted via social media or otherwise; and each entrant warrants and represents that his/her/their Post complies with all of those conditions. Posts cannot contain, among other things, the trademark, tradename or logo of any third party or entity or product, cannot name or describe any person (living, dead, or fictional) other than the entrant, and cannot contain any material that is protected by copyright.
*Sponsor grants to each qualified entrant a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable right to use its trademarks solely for purposes of and limited to including them in the Contest Entries; such right and license will automatically expire without further act of any party at the expiration of the Promotion Period, unless specifically extended on an individual basis by Sponsor in writing in its sole discretion. Any other use of Sponsor’s and/or its licensors’ trademarks will be a violation of Sponsor’s or its applicable licensor’s intellectual property rights. Sponsor’s items (including the trademarks) cannot be modified, adapted, or edited by entrant; the preceding only excludes modifications due to technological limitations or malfunctions.
CONTENT IN CONTEST ENTRIES REPRESENTS SOLELY THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE ENTRANT AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF SPONSOR. SPONSOR IS ENCOURAGING ENTRANTS TO POST VIDEOS OF THEIR CHILD/CHLDREN RE-CREATING CERTAIN EXPERIMENTS/BUILDS INITIALLY PERFORMED BY MARK ROBER AND HAS NO OBLIGATION TO, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY IN CONJUNCTION WITH, SCREENING, MONITORING OR REVIEWING CONTENT IN CONTEST ENTRIES. VIEWERS SHOULD NOT SEEK TO RE-CREATE EXPERIMENTS/BUILDS AS SHOWN IN ENTRANTS’ POSTS, WITH FIRST CAREFULLY RESEARCHING THE OBJECTIVE AND PROTOCOLS OF THE EXPERIMENT/BUILD, TAKING ANY AND ALL NECESSARY AND APPROPRIATE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS, AND REVIEWING MR. ROBER’S ORIGINAL VIDEO WHEREIN HE PERFORMED THE EXPERIMENT/BUILD. SPONSOR WILL NOT EDIT OR MODIFY CONTENT IN CONTEST ENTRIES IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE CONTEST.
7. JUDGING (Winner Determination): Eligible Entries will be judged on a rolling basis by a panel of judges comprised of representatives of the Sponsor (“Sponsor Judges”). For this first stage of judging, the Sponsor Judges will review each of the Entries per Entry Period and select four (4) finalists (“Finalists”) per Entry Period. Scoring by the Sponsor Judges will be based on the weighted criteria below, each judged on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) as follows:
- Engineering prowess (20%)
- Results of experiment or build (20%)
- Attention to detail in recreating experiment or build (10%)
- Suitability of the Video for promotional use (30%)
The Finalists from Entry Periods #1-#11 will advance to the next phase of judging. For the avoidance of doubt, the four (4) Finalists from Entry Period #12 will not be eligible for the Grand Prize. The Sponsor Judges reserve the right to advance fewer than forty-four (44) Finalists in total to the next round if, in their sole discretion, they do not receive a sufficient number of Entries of sufficient quality. The Finalists will then be re-judged by the Sponsor using the same criteria and the Finalist with the highest score will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie in the second round of judging, the tie will be broken in favor of the Finalist with the highest score in criterion d) “Suitability for Promotional Purposes” among the tied Finalists; such Finalist will be deemed the Grand Prize winner. In the event a tie still remains, Sponsor will appoint a new judge, who will adjudicate the tied submissions in accordance with the above-stated criteria in order to break the tie.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners (i.e., the entrants who posted Videos of their children re-creating the experiment/build) will be notified by direct message from the @CrunchLabs Instagram or Twitter account (as applicable) on the Friday following the conclusion of the applicable Entry Period. (Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified on Friday, August 11, 2023. If you do not follow @CrunchLabs on Instagram or Twitter (as applicable), Sponsor may not be able to contact you. It is recommended that you confirm your Instagram and/or Twitter notification settings are turned on; it is your sole responsibility to configure your Instagram and/or Twitter privacy settings so that you are able to receive a direct message from @CrunchLabs.
For Finalists: the initial verification notice (via Instagram or Twitter direct message, as applicable) will request that each potential Finalist verify their eligibility and shipping address within twenty-four (24) hours after the notice is sent. Failure to respond to the initial verification notice within twenty-four (24) hours after the notice is sent with all required information may result in disqualification including forfeiture of First Prize as well as opportunity to possibly win the Grand Prize (if applicable).
For Grand Prize winner: the initial verification notice (via Instagram or Twitter direct message, as applicable) will request that the potential Grand Prize winner email the Administrator at a specific email address within twenty-four (24) hours after the notice is sent. Failure to respond to the initial verification notice within twenty-four (24) hours after the notice is sent may result in disqualification. Then, potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return, within two (2) days or such shorter amount of time as designated by Sponsor, of request by Administrator, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, a Publicity Release where allowed by law and W-9 Form (“Winner Documents”). If the completed Winner Documents are not returned by the potential Grand Prize Winner to Administrator within the specified time period, the potential Grand Prize winner may be disqualified.
If any potential finalist or the potential Grand Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, the entrant will forfeit his/her status as a Finalist Prize or Grand Prize winner, without compensation of any kind and the prize may be awarded to alternate winner from among all remaining Entries for the applicable Entry Period or Entry Periods 1 – 11 (for Grand Prize) with the next highest judging score based on the judging criteria above (time permitting).
In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the e-mail account corresponding to the Instagram or Twitter account used for entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address and he/she must fully comply with these Official Rules.
9. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”):
First Prize: (forty-eight  Finalists): Each First Prize Finalist will receive one (1) Camp CrunchLabs patch. If a Video which is a Finalist includes more than one (1) child, each of Entrant’s children (up to three ) will receive one (1) patch. ARV or each First Prize: $10
Grand Prize (one  Winner]): Grand Prize winner will receive a (3) day/ (2) night trip for the winner and three (3) guests [who must include the entrant’s child/children who re-created the experiment/build in the winning Video] to visit CrunchLabs with Mark Rober to take place August 18-20, 2023. (“Trip”). ARV of Grand Prize: $6,000. Trip includes:
- Round-trip coach air transportation for four (4) from the major commercial airport closest to winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Mountain View, California.
- Accommodations for three (3) days / two (2) nights (one (1) standard room with quadruple occupancy) at a hotel to be selected by Sponsor, at its sole discretion.
- Round-trip ground transportation between San Jose, San Francisco, or Oakland airport and the hotel and between hotel and CrunchLabs in Mountain View, California.
If winner’s residence is within one hundred (100) miles of Mountain View, California as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air travel and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded.
Guest(s) of the Grand Prize Winner (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign and return a Liability Release and a Publicity Release as well as an NDA (where legal) prior to issuance of travel documents. Any Guest who is a minor must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian who must be the Grand Prize winner or another guest of Grand Prize winner. If winner does not have three (3) guests accompany him/her on the Trip, the prize will otherwise be awarded in increments appropriate for actual number of travelers; and, in such event, no substitute prize or additional compensation will be awarded to winner.
Participation of Mr. Rober in Trip is subject to availability. Sponsor’s representative(s) and other individuals may also be present at all times. If Mr. Rober is not available for any reason, the entire liability of Sponsor and Administrator will consist of the remaining elements of the Grand Prize. Conversely, should Mr. Rober participate in Trip, Mr. Rober may (or may not) in his sole discretion autograph items for winner and guest(s) and/or pose for videos or photographs for winner and guest(s).
Winner and all guests must conduct themselves at all times in an appropriate, well-behaved and socially responsible manner during the Trip. The preceding includes abiding by all applicable laws/regulations as well as private entity requirements established to prevent the spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus, including participation in activity being conditioned upon social distancing, wearing a facial covering, undergoing a COVID-19/Coronavirus test which comes back with a negative result or providing satisfactory proof of full vaccination against COVID-19/Coronavirus, as applicable. In addition, winner and all guests must act in a respectful and courteous manner toward Mr. Rober as well as following all instructions of CrunchLabs LLC as to visiting its offices, which may include one or more of the following: a prohibition on recording; agreement to be recorded; signing a confidentiality agreement; wearing appropriate attire. Any violation of the preceding requirements may result in immediate termination of Trip without liability of any kind to Sponsor or Administrator, as well as exposing winner and guests to potential legal liability.
Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all other expenses related to the trips not specified herein, including but not limited to baggage fees, meals, beverages, tips, taxes, and travel insurance. Grand Prize winner and guest(s) must travel together on specified itinerary, including same departure location and date, and return location and date or trip may be forfeited in its entirety. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Certain documentation and requirements may be necessary for travel, such as photo identification. Grand Prize winner and his/her guest(s) are solely responsible for any documentation and requirements and determining applicable procedures and restrictions prior to departure. Winner and guest(s) must provide their own transportation to and from their departure airport.
LIMIT: ONE (1) FIRST PRIZE PER PERSON/FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD. First Prizes will only be delivered to a street address in the fifty (50) United States or Washington, D.C. No shipment to P.O. Boxes. Allow up to 4-6 weeks after verification for delivery of prize. No substitution or transfer of prize except with Sponsor's permission or where required by law. If for any reason any announced prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor in its sole discretion may award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Any images of prizes in advertising are for illustrative purposes only and actual items awarded as prizes may differ from such images. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prize or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach the winner because of an incorrect or changed address or other contact information. Winners are strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring any part of his/her/their prize. Prize will only be awarded to a verified winner.
All applicable federal, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Finalists and the Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual final retail value of the Grand Prize as well as First Prize. Grand Prize winner will be required to submit a validly executed IRS form W-9. Grand Prize winner further agrees to otherwise fully cooperate with the Sponsor/Administrator as to their compliance with governmental tax-reporting requirements.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind affecting the Contest in any manner, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software as well as filtering by or operation of the Instagram, Twitter and/or YouTube platforms. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest (including entries or otherwise), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual, whether or not the individual is a participant in the Contest, who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Contest and award the Prizes in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Contest will be posted on @CrunchLabs. No responsibility is assumed by any Released Party for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry or participation to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website/platform, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any person's computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Contest. Failure of Sponsor or Administrator to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision.
Persons entering the Contest further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Contest and/or prevent others from participating in the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE, WEBSITE OR PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PERSON, WHETHER OR NOT THE INDIVIDUAL IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE CONTEST MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
12. RELEASES AND ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating, each entrant on behalf of him/her/themselves and his/her/their child agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless each of the Promotion Entities, Meta Platforms, Inc., Twitter, Inc, Google LLC, Mark Rober personally, each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies, any entity responsible for the administration of this Promotion, each of the foregoing entities’ respective parent, subsidiary, related, affiliated and successor companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Promotion or any Promotion-related activity (including without limitation, any travel related thereto), and/or from entrant’s acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of a First Prize and Grand Prize (to the extent applicable) (including without limitation, any failure to pay taxes thereon).
By accepting prize(s), prize winners grant Sponsor and its designees permission to use his/her name, voice, likeness, photograph, Prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winners' list (if applicable) and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. The preceding may also include recording of prize award/prize claim procedure as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor and its designees are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Promotion subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
13. DISPUTES: To the fullest extent permitted by law, Entrant on behalf of him/her/themselves and his/her/their child agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or the awarding of prizes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court of California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
14. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Camp CrunchLabs Contest, c/o Probability, PO Box D, Social Circle, GA 30025-1559. All such requests must be received by August 31, 2023.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Meta Platforms Inc, Twitter Inc, Google LLC. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Instagram, Twitter or YouTube.